People often forget the Azores when booking a holiday but in recent years the archipelago is finally getting the recognition it deserves. The incredible islands have an unbelievable amount to offer and are one of Europe’s most breathtaking natural havens. The Furnas Boutique Hotel is a luxury hotel which offers visitors a stunning experience to connect with nature and to truly relax.
Located on the São Miguel Island, in the valley of the Furnas, which is the area with the most concentrated thermal waters in Europe, the Furnas Boutique Hotel is truly a remarkable luxury experience bathed in the peace and tranquillity of nature.
The interior design is reflective of the relaxation you will experience during your stay. The beautiful combination of modern and traditional influences creates a stunning balance and helps visitors to find their zen whilst connecting to nature. The use of an earthy and down-to-earth palette of greys and browns as well as the stone elements truly integrates the Furnas Boutique Hotel into its surroundings.
The Hotel offers a wide range of experiences for each type of traveller. From the adventure and sports enthusiasts to nature lovers, there is something to do for everyone.
The Furnas Boutique Hotel also has its stunning À Terra restaurant. The natural fruits of nature and the rustic lifestyle inspire the incredible food here. With a menu boasting plates that will bring you the most delicious aromas, textures and tastes.
The Thermal Spa at this luxury boutique hotel must not be overlooked. This is the perfect place to unwind and appreciate the true tranquillity of the island. The Furnas Boutique Hotel boasts both an outdoor and indoor thermal experience pools.
Of course they also have a sauna and Turkish bath as well as a luxuriously wide range of spa treatments from exfoliations, massages, hidromassages and even reflexology. This spa leaves nothing to be desired and you will leave completely relaxed.
When booking your next holiday to Europe do not forget to take a look at what the Azores has to offer and in particular the Furnas Boutique Hotel, the perfect place to take everything in and unwind.
World’s Best Hotel Lobby Designs – The Hotel lobby is the first thing that you see when you visit a Hotel, is the first impression that you have and it can be good or bad. Is really important for the Hotels to focus in their lobbies and get inspired with great lobby décor ideas. Today I’ll share with you the best hotel lobby designs around the world. Join me in this ride.
The interiors are the responsibility of Phillipe Starck and this hotel had won the award of the international property for the Americas as best interior design apartment in 2014. Located in the heart of Balboa Avenue this hotel offers a perfect view of the Panama Bay and Panama Canal.
Four Seasons Hotel in Guangzhou has an impressive decor and all the details of the hotel interior design is an amazing experience to all guests, offering a perfect stay in one of the most modern and spacious hotels of the city.
Hotel Interior Designs just like residential projects go through different trends and phases. With 2017 looking to be a more statement year in terms of hotel interiors we take a look at the strong trends we will be seeing this year.
Travellers today tend to seek more home-away-from-home hotels. Hotels in 2017 are adapting and hotel interiors are moving away from the more formal and business style public areas to interiors that are reminiscent of warm inviting living rooms with a luxury and sophisticated feel. The lobbies of the hotel interior will combine both a visual aesthetic and comfort. This lobby has a warm fireplace and the trendy Sika Armchair.
Bold Sophisticated Colour
Neutral tones haven’t been forgotten but 2017 is all about bold and sophisticated colours for great hotel interiors. Many hotels will remain with a base neutral palette but contrast this with statement pieces of colour. Others will go the full way and splash out on exciting and alluring colours. This project has used a stunning bold blue on the Nanook Dining Chair.
Oversized and Intricate Patterns
A good hotel interior will indulge in intricate and oversized patterns to create an interesting and intriguing hotel interior. 2017 looks at a move towards being more unique and creating different spaces. The patterns in the interior contrast beautifully with the SIKA 2 Seat Sofa and INCA Armchair.
The days of matching décor and furniture in each room are officially coming to an end. Seeping in in 2016, rooms with individuality became the new hotel interior trend. This will continue into 2017 as customers appreciate the uniqueness of each room they stay in.
Exclusive Interview: David Chase, General Manager of New York Palace– Today we will talk about one of the Best Hotels in the World, The New York Palacesituated at Madison Avenue in the heart of Upper East Side, this is hotel have lots of stories to tell. Recently they renovate their decor and their Towers starts to be a city spot to stay when you go on a trip to New York.
One of his great highlights is the The CW show Gossip Girl, who have a great success, a story about Upper East Side teenagers who likes to live wild and free in the city that never sleeps. See more about the films that are filmed at New York Palace HERE
As they say “Fashion is temporary, style is forever”, this Hotel never stay out of style and that’s what David Chase, the General Manager of NY Palace will tell us. With a $140-million renovation project that transformed a landmark architectural gem in the middle of New York, is now the best of NYC luxury hotels.
1. What makes New York Palace different from other Hotels? No other New York hotel combines the history of turn of the century mansion homes (housing restaurants and bars) with a 55 story high rise tower. The hotel manages to blend the two seamlessly.
2. What is the main concept behind the hotel’s interior design? Incorporating light and contemporary sophistication into a traditional setting.
(Curious we found a partner in the gallery when we are choosing the photos to the article. The coffee table is from BRABBU, a interior design brand.)
3. What was your major challenge while building the concept? Working within the confines of buildings designated as city landmarks.
5. In which way does the interior design influence the service you offer your guests? We believe the light and contemporary feel is far more welcoming and relaxing to our guests than the previous heavy and traditional style.
6. What kind of services do you provide? Everything one would expect from a luxury hotel; 24 hour housekeeping and room service, a fully staffed department called ”Guest Experience” whose sole mission is maintaining guest history and preferences and striving to exceed guest expectations every time.
It is important to note that we also are home to The Towers at The New York Palace, which provide guests with a true 5 star experience and product. A separate lobby provides a dedicated check-in experience. Express elevators whisk guests to floors 41 – 54. Our Towers accommodations are among the most spacious in the city and every one provides spectacular skyline views. Ensuring that guests receive the highest level of personalized service, The Towers come complete with a dedicated Les Clefs d’Or concierge team. Other exclusive amenities for Towers guests include house car service in a dedicated Mercedes GL350 or Maybach, Maître d’Etage service, complimentary shoe shine and valet pressing, weekday newspaper delivery, and packing and unpacking services.
7. What are the main challenges the world’s top hotels are faced with every day? What are the reasons that make you the best in your business? It is providing the perfect balance of product, experience and service. Like every other industry we have become tremendously dependent upon technology to manage our business, but we cannot forget that this is a business rooted in humanity, personal contact, communication and relationships. We succeed because we have sourced an army of managers and employees who sincerely care for the comfort and wellbeing of our guests. Every year we hire an independent consulting company to conduct an extensive employee opinion survey. The number one response year after year is “I am proud to work for the New York Palace.”
8. What is the restaurant’s concept? At present the restaurant is operating only for breakfast and we are working on a new culinary concept for the space.
9. How did the partnership with Chef Michel Richard start? Chef Richard has a long history with our ownership entity Northwood Hospitality.
10. When guests choose to stay in your hotel, are they also looking for a true gourmet experience? Guests here and at every other New York hotel are looking for the vast culinary experiences that this city provides. With such a tremendous array of cultures and cuisines, it is difficult for hotels to compete with the seemingly endless range of offerings. Our top rated Concierge team provides our guests with a wealth of information and inside contacts.
11. How would you describe the cuisine style? What should we definitely try? Check back with us in a few months.
12. Tell me a funny story about New York Palace. More profound than funny…in the 1970’s the Villard Houses and adjoining buildings were purchased by real estate magnate Harry Helmsley. In the original plan he would build a 55 story high rise fronting Madison Avenue which would mean demolition of the Villard properties. Grand Central Station and Carnegie Hall were slated for the same fate. The New York City landmarks commission and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis put a halt to that plan and thankfully preserved these buildings for all time. One can only imagine how the demure yet forceful Mrs. Onassis stood her ground against the legendary “Queen of Mean” Leona Helmsley.